The Dayton Development Coalition is partnering with businesses, government agencies, and educational organizations to help the workforce in the Dayton Region move to a more knowledge based economy. Jobs are readily available in the Dayton Region for those who have high-demand skills or access to the necessary training.
The Dayton Development Coalition’s role is to collaborate with our partners to accomplish the following:
- Defining and capturing the demand for jobs in the region, including skills needed for new positions at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Base contractors, and other growth industries;
- Analyzing demand for jobs compared to the current supply;
- Identifying gaps between supply and demand;
- Working with educational institutions, employers, job training centers, and other organizations to identify strategies to fill gaps, including development of education and training programs, modification of existing programs to better serve employer needs, recruitment efforts, or other strategic opportunities;
- Connecting workers to education and training opportunities;
- Placing workers in high-demand, high-skills jobs.
For more information please contact Kristy Rochon at 937-222-4422.