The Dayton Region information technology cluster is a global leader in understanding how the innovative use of information can transform people’s lives. Companies like LexisNexis & Teradata were pioneers creating prosperity by defining whole new industries that changed how people did business and dealt with information. This innovative leadership is alive and well in the Region in areas of advanced management, analysis and visualization of information that will redefine the boundaries of human performance.
The Dayton Region’s commitment to these new opportunities is clear in the investment and support for a cluster of organizations that are at the forefront of information technologies, such as RFID and sensors that will transform our understanding of not just business activities but the world we live in, the opportunities we have and the threats we face.
If you are a company that develops new information driven products and services or want to improve your performance and productivity by integrating these into your existing business, consider the following:
- Highest concentration of trained information technology professionals in Ohio supporting companies that generate over $10 billion in annual sales from information systems and advanced data management technologies.
Education & Training
- Over 50 information degree programs within a 1 hour drive! Programs range from producing graduates in the associate to doctoral levels in information systems, computer science and engineering.
- Nextedge Applied Research and Technology Park – a 244 acre site specifically designed to house high technology companies, data centers and research organizations.
- Technology First connects and supports nearly 150 technology based companies in the Dayton Region.
- Air Force Research Lab – manages over $3 billion annually in science and technology funding to develop new capabilities for the Air Force including information intensive ones such as layered sensing.
- RFID Incubator – a $1.4M investment by the City of Dayton to commercialize new businesses developing RFID solutions.