The Dayton Region knows how to meet the needs of new and existing employers, and we work collaboratively better than any region. With more than 50 talent recruitment and workforce development partnerships existing across the Dayton Region, routinely operating across jurisdictional boundaries, our experienced teams cooperate to support local industry.
In the Dayton Region, you will find:
- An educated workforce: Our residents have higher educational obtainment across all levels than the state and the nation.
- A high concentration of people who hold advanced degrees in STEM fields—Forbes ranked Dayton 4th in the country its concentration of engineers.
- Hard workers with a long history of manufacturing.
- Manufacturing represents the highest concentration of workers (15.3%) in the Dayton Region outside of Government representing 93, 667 jobs.
- Automotive Manufacturing represents 4.3 LQ with 18,028 jobs
- Strong training programs that can quickly adapt to keep skills up-to-date.
- Competitive wages and low cost of living allow employee paychecks to go further.
The Dayton Region is home to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, the state’s largest single-site employer. Home to the Air Force Research Lab, the National Air and Space Intelligence Center, Wright-Patt’s STEM-focused workforce fuels the region’s reputation as STEM powerhouse.
The Southwestern Ohio Council for Higher Education, or SOCHE, supports an internship program to help companies find the region’s emerging talent, and area universities and colleges have developed impressive levels of partnership approaches to ensure best possible placement for both local companies and students.